Rural healthcare is limited by both the necessary infrastructure as well as skilled professionals needed to cater to the vast population. AKRSP-India builds the capacities of Panchayats, Panchayat sub-committees and village level institutions so that access to basic services such as sanitation, nutrition etc. can be improved. AKRSP-India through its interventions on Hygiene and Nutrition focuses on preventive health care, better hygiene practices, aware and establish desirable food and nutrition behaviour for the protection of good health.
Our interventions around Hygiene and Nutrition includes:
- Improved sanitation facilities
- Awareness on Menstrual Hygiene to adolescent girls
- Village Level Wastewater management
- School Hygiene and Education
- Promotion of Kitchen Gardens to increase nutrition values in home food
- Promotion of minor millet crops and consumption of millet based products